Sunday, July 11, 2010

Friday - Sort of a Day Off

Friday, July 9th... I took it easy, sort of... No tours around Tahiti, or to Mo'orea where many of our group went.  No, i basically stayed at the hotel most of the day to study and experiment with my new camera.  E-day looms on the horizon and i am still not ready -- actually, when is anyone every ready for an eclipse.

So even posting this note was a struggle (as it was, it was posted on Saturday evening on the eve of the Eclipse!)

But all fun was not lost.  On Friday evening Alan and i attended the Heiva i Tahiti festival in downtown Pape'ete.  I wish i could post pictures, but i cannot.  Photography was prohibited.  But my memory of 60+ dancers gyrating in a frenetic dance, the beautiful traditional costumes, and the hypnotic churchy Polynesia singing will stay with me.

Now back to studying...

No comments:

Post a Comment