Saturday, July 10, 2010

Getting Serious about the Eclipse

The rest of Thursday was taken-up driving around this doubled island.  The northern part of Tahiti Iti looks much less developed and poorer.  The east coast of Tahiti Nui is very rugged and beautiful, and we passed a blowhole which was not active at the time. We stopped by Pointe Venus again to shoot some pictures, and Alan wanted to shoot a sequence to stitch together a 360 degree panorama.  I also discovered that the beach at Pointe Venus appears to be swim-tops optional.

 

In all we covered about 200 kms today and i got my bearings on this place.  Tonight is my free night... nothing planned.  Same for Friday, where i will spend major time checking out my observing gear, weighing in the gear for Sunday's charter, and learning about my new camera.

Time to get serious about the upcoming eclipse.

No comments:

Post a Comment